29’er & 27.5 Carbon Mountain Bike Wheelset – Enduro Strength & XC WeightAndrew
Ridgeline 29/27.5 Carbon Wheelset
Perfect for everything from technical singletrack to high speed fire roads. XC weight and Enduro strength. Optimized 2.2 to 2.4 inch tires and high impact resistance. The perfect choice for an exceptional all-around carbon wheelset.
Boyd’s Recommendation: Maxxis Ardent 2.4 tires (22 psi), 11/46 M8000 Cassette, 160 or 180mm rotors (bike dependant), Boyd Wheel Bag and Boyd Cycling Kit
- XC Weight: The 1733g/1675g (29’er/27.5) wheelset weight is strong where it counts and shaves weight everywhere else. Designed from the ground up as a disk brake specific rim.
- Wider is Better: 33mm external, 26mm internal rim width provides a stable platform for your favorite 42mm to 53mm tire. The hookless rim profile is easier to seat vs hooked.
- Saving Watts: 36mm mid-height aerodynamic rim depth is stable in crosswinds, headwinds and the almighty tailwind.
- Quest Disc Brake Hubs: Stiff, stable, 5 degrees of engagement, wide flange spacing, and ease of service with quick swap freehub design. Centerlock disk. 6 bolt adapter available separately. Boost and non-boost spacing.
- Laser engraved encaps: Pressfit laser engraved endcaps take the guesswork out of which axle configuration your wheel is configured for. QR and Thru-Axle Compatible.
- Nipples & Spokes: External brass nipples and j-bend spokes, pre-stressed in house, focused on longevity and ease of service. 2.8mm spoke offset ensures a more even tension between each side of the wheel.
- Tubeless Ready: Setup with two layers of lightweight rim tape, offset wingnut valvestem and Tickled Pink tubeless sealant.